Electronics Design Engineer JO 44/19
Electronics Design Engineer
Due to the growth of our business we are seeking an Electronics Design Engineer to join our Sonar Electronics team. The successful candidate will be supporting the delivery of bespoke electronics for integration into complex Sonar Systems, with a significant focus on high bandwidth telemetry systems. This includes the design of digital circuits using FPGAs, Analogue low-noise interface circuitry and power amplifier design.
Reports to Sonar Electronics Team Leader
Winfrith, Dorset Innovation Park
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK develop, supply and support cutting-edge maritime technology for customers worldwide. Based in Winfrith, Dorset, they work closely with the UK Royal Navy and global customers to create products which protect lives at sea.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, innovative and versatile and be able to work collaboratively as a Sonar Electronics team member and also alongside engineers in other disciplines and departments across AEUK. Additionally the successful candidate will:
- Translate customer requirements into an electronics specification.
- Create feasible preliminary architectures from the electronics specifications.
- Carry out detailed design and implementation of electronic circuits.
- Derive verification plans to address design requirements.
- Prepare test procedures and traceability of these results back to the original requirements.
- Produce accurate written documentation to fully support the design.
- Be responsible for the delivery of Electronics and Sub-System designs
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Electronics Design Engineer who wants to challenge their technical capabilities and to develop cutting edge technologies for a world-leading organisation.
"Proven track record in:" or...
- Mixed Signal and Analogue Circuit Design
- Digital Circuit Design
- Debugging, Simulation, Validation and & Testing of PCBs and sub-systems
- Design from specification through to delivery, with consideration for DFT & DFM.
- Practical experience in schematic capture and PCB design tools
Experience of three or more of the following:
- PA Design and test experience with 5+ years' experience in PA Design
- General RF design & test experience
- Experience of taking products through to volume manufacturing
- Pre-Amp Design
- SAR or Sigma-Delta ADC Design
- Implementing designs using Microcontroller, Microprocessor & FPGA
- Knowledge in EMC/ LVD regulatory testing and product design approval process
Education and Qualifications:
B.Sc. (Hons) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent subject.
Dorset DT2 8ZB