Project Manager, Submarine Systems
Project Manager, Submarine Systems
Submarine Systems Head of Delivery, Head of Division
As per agreed project parameters
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK, based at Winfrith in Dorset has a requirement to expand its project management capability to support current and future growth in the submarine market.
Submarine Systems Division has an increasing revenue stream from products used by Navies across Europe and Asia, and with growth opportunities in both new build and refit programmes around the world. Major successes have been achieved in 2018 and further opportunities are being pursued in the areas of submarine sonar, signatures, communications, underwater weapons and countermeasures, towed array handling and electric actuation. The next 5 years is forecast to be an exciting and challenging period both for securing new opportunities as well as delivering systems into service that make a difference to the operator.
To ensure that AEUK continues to deliver existing project commitments and secures the identified future opportunities, additional Project Management capacity is being sought by the Division.
Winfrith, Dorset Innovation Park
Permanent / Full Time (37 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
- Experience of successfully delivering complex technical products from initial concept formulation & design definition through to final test and acceptance into service
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills and experience with leading diverse teams, stakeholders and suppliers
- Experience of managing significant value (financial, strategic) projects to challenging timescales, budgets and requirements
- Domain experience in the defence business or a recognised high end technical industry
- Good commercial skills and awareness of relevant contractual aspects associated with project delivery
- Ability to effectively communicate, present and negotiate direct with key external stakeholders (Government, Navy, industry) often in overseas environments
- Reporting to all internal and external stakeholders including travelling for face to face communications
- Defining the project structure, planning and WBS building on the information generated during the bid phase
- Definition of the Project Team that will lead the project delivery
- Clear definition and placement of work packages including key subcontracts required to deliver the project
- Ensuring appropriate risk, opportunity, security, trade controls, quality and configuration management for the project
- Planning, monitoring, control and update of the project including management of project Life Cycle
- Management gate reviews
- Ensuring that the contract remains up to date and consistent with the project goals and business objectives
- Ensuring that contract milestones are met and that cash flow is optimised
Bid Management - PMs are also key contributors to bids and are required to apply the fundamental project management principles and methodology to bids including:
- Stakeholder management
- WBS, OBS and programme definition (external and internal)
- Customer and supplier negotiations
- Internal bid reviews
- Project management documentation
- Risk management approach
- Responsible to the Submarine Systems Head of Delivery and Submarine Systems Head of Division in all matters relating to project delivery
- External to the business, the PM is responsible to the customer for successful delivery of the project
- The PM represents the project on behalf of the business to the customer, external partners, stakeholders and suppliers
- The PM sets and supervises the corresponding goals and targets for the project team, work package providers and/or suppliers
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the job title in the subject line.
Dorset DT2 8ZB