Senior Signatures Research Engineer- JO 31/18
Senior Signatures Research Engineer
Purpose of Job
Provide expertise to formulate and deliver research programme within the maritime defence domain.
Team Leader/Department Head
AEUK is seeking to employ a signal processing and model development specialist to join an agile team engaged in cutting edge research within the underwater defence domain relating to platform signatures. The successful applicant will be dynamic, resourceful, committed and have a track record of successful delivery of research programmes.
Winfrith (Dorset) with occasional detached duty at other locations including on submarines and surface ships.
Permanent / Full Time (37 hours per week, Monday to Friday)
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- PhD/Degree level physics or mathematics, or related degree
- Knowledge of signal processing and data analysis techniques
- Experience of developing physics based computer models to predict evolution of physical processes
- Ability to reconcile model output with measured data in order to further our understanding of physical processes
- Skilled in designing and conducting technical programmes
- Skilled in assimilating the outputs of technical analysis to form clear and coherent science based guidance in written and presentation forms to AEUK and its customers
- Ability to work collaboratively with specialists from a variety of disciplines
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Has an enquiring mind
- Has the ability to lead and develop more junior staff
- No specific knowledge of the maritime defence domain required
- Willingness to apply domain expertise across a diverse range of programmes
- Willingness to extend domain expertise to other areas of AEUK activity
- Designing, leading and delivering technical programmes
- Supporting development of technical proposals and responses
- Responsible for delivery programmes to time, cost and quality
- Highly motivated
- Seizes opportunities
- Wants to expand knowledge base
- Wants to apply knowledge in other domains
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to email@example.com by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance.
ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB