Systems Engineer - JO 43/19
Purpose of Job
Responsible for managing and conducting systems engineering activities throughout the complete product lifecycle
Systems Engineering Team Leader
Contract & Permanent / Full Time positions available
Knowledge, skills and personal qualities required
- Good sound knowledge and understanding of systems engineering principles and their application to multi-disciplinary (mechanical, electrical, electronic and software design principles) engineering projects
- Knowledge and experience of INCOSE Systems Engineering practice and principles
- Familiarity with Defence Standards (particularly DEF-STAN and MIL-STD)
- Educated to degree or equivalent level in an engineering, or related discipline
- Ability to solve complex problems and to critically review results and methods to ensure quality
- Ability to expand knowledge into new domain areas, and work across domains and see the bigger picture
- Strong communication skills, including delivery of presentations
- Good written skills particularly technical report writing, ability to communicate with expert and non-expert stakeholders
- Preferably have an understanding of military systems, in particular maritime systems. Alternatively, we will consider other highly regulated industries including aerospace, nuclear, or rail.
- Ideally (but not essential) experienced in one or more of the following domain areas:
- Maritime Combat Systems, integration of equipment and software
- Unmanned Systems
- Combat Management Systems
- Acoustics / Sonar Processing
Primary software/system skills:
- UML / SysML
- IBM DOORS requirements management (9.x / NG)
Desirable software/system skills:
- Enterprise Architect (EA)
- IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM)
- IBM Rational Publishing Engine (RPE)
- To apply strong systems engineering principles in a multi-disciplinary environment
- The ability to communicate and influence at all levels in a dynamic organisation
- The ability to extract key facts from large amounts of information
- Effective time management within a multi-tasking environment
- Responsible for delivering key system engineering processes across the product lifecycle
- Working closely with the project teams including the System Design Authority, Engineering Manager and Team Engineers
- Use expertise and knowledge to make a strong contribution to bids and projects
- Personally very organised and self-motivated; must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Flexible and adaptive.
- Promote a “can do” attitude
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance.
How to apply
Please forward your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date and state the job title in the subject line.
Due to the nature of our work and the projects you will be working on, all candidates must be eligible to gain security clearance. ATLAS ELEKTRONIK UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications for all posts from suitably qualified people regardless of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Dorset DT2 8ZB