The ERX 3003 / RX 3003 are the new core units of Hagenuk’s well-known and proven HF Radio Series 3000. The ERX 3003 is designed for semi-duplex voice and data transmission/reception and contains the complete exciter/receiver unit. It reserves space for e.g. multifunctional data modem and individual configuration modules. The RX 3003 uses only the receiver part and is equipped with an additional built-in power supply.
With its outstanding and new RF direct sampling technology, this new radio boosts transceivers/receivers into the new generation of Software-defined radios (SDR) with 24 kHz wideband capabilities.
- Frequency range: 1.5 MHz to 30 MHz transmit and 10 kHz to 30 MHz receive
- HF @ SATCOM speed: Up to 24 kHz bandwidth allows up to 120 kBit/s data transmission speed
- High dynamic conversion technology for outstanding co-site performance
- Fully digital signal processing and software-defined channel filtering eliminating any physical mixers and filter devices
- Software-defined architecture easily adaptable to upcoming standards by software upgrade
- LAN interface for remote control and audio (VoIP)
With the ERX 3003, HMK remains faithful to the logistic concept of minimizing device-specific spare parts. The construction as well as the internal modules of the ERX 3003 are identical for all 120 W to 10 kW transmitters/transceivers. The stand-alone receiver RX 3003 also features identical modules, however, the transmit function is disabled by its software configuration.
- The optional 24 kHz wideband mode implemented in the new generation will boost the maxi-mum data throughput in single sideband from 9,600 bps up to 120,000 bps compared to its narrowband predecessor.
- The new ERX 3003 is fully compatible with its predecessor ERX 3000. Thus, the TRX 3xxx series is upgradable to HF wideband transceivers.
- Without an additional preselector, the receiver desensitization in traditional co-site environments is already comparable to classical analogue radios with a 40 dB preselector.
- New waveforms can be integrated in the basic unit as well as on an optional modem card.
- Due to its compliance with the air traffic management protocol ED 137 for HF, the ERX 3003 can be integrated easily into air traffic control systems.
- The modular concept of the ERX 3003 allows incremental upgrades. Different hardware- and software-based options are available.
- Various kinds of interfaces for ease of integration into complex systems
- HF wideband up to 24 kHz acc. to MIL-STD-188-110C, Appendix D
- Implemented sidetone receiver functionality for data LINK 11 / 22 operation
- Internal cryptography (voice and data) on modem card